"Doesn't Your Practice Deserve the Same Great Service You Provide Your Patients?"
1. Always use alcohol to wipe down swivels and handpieces. When using chemicals to sterilize the equipment, you want to make sure that you do not get any around the swivel at all. Wipe the hose downward while holding the swivel in your hand firmly. Chemicals from wipes can cause problems in the turbine.
2. Always autoclave handpieces in sterilization pouch paper side up without anything on top of them. If you are using more than one handpiece pouch, make sure that they are not touching, as steam will get trapped and can cause rusting.
3. Make sure handpieces are run through the entire sterilization process, including a complete dry cycle. The doctor should not be handed a warm handpiece.
1. For proper placement or sealing of the bur: Without pushing on the end cap, place the bur in the chuck until it stops. Press the end cap and finish pushing the bur into place. Release the end cap and pull on the bur for final sealing.
2. There should be a minimum of 3 handpieces for every operatory. This allows ample rotation of handpieces which will eliminate overuse and too frequent sterilization. Frequently sterilizing can compromise the life of the turbine.
3. For different types of procedures, it is recommended to use different styles of handpieces such as using a larger head air-driven (SolaraPlus) or electric (Titan Electric) to cut through non-precious metals as well as crown and bridge removal and preparation. Smaller head handpieces (Solara and 430SWL) are more suited to cut enamel, amalgam, and gold. They also work best in posterior.
4. Handpiece air pressure (psi) must be set to manufacturer specifications regularly.
DEPEND ON US TO GIVE YOU ALL OF THE TIPS YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE YOUR MAINTAINANCE SKILLS ARE TOP QUALITY.
4. Change o-rings and rubber seals on swivels every 6 months. This will keep the water and air running through the handpiece properly.
5. Clean the chuck once a week before autoclaving with StarDental’s JunkOut (#263790). This will help keep your burs from sticking and your turbines will last longer. Do not open the chuck while you’re cleaning it as the bristles from the proxy brush will get stuck in the chuck.
"We will gladly beat all competitor prices"
FREE pickup and delivery.